- Beinecke Scholarship
- Boren Awards
- Churchill Scholarship
- Critical Language Scholarship
- Fulbright Fellowship
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Goldwater Scholarship
- Marshall Scholarship
- Mitchell Scholarship
- National Defense Science & Engineering Graduate Fellowship
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- NOAA Hollings Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Schwarzman Scholarship
- Truman Scholarship
- Udall Scholarship
The Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program was established by Congress in 1986 to honor Senator Barry Goldwater, who served his country for 56 years as a soldier and statesman, including 30 years of service in the U.S. Senate.
The purpose of the Foundation is to provide a continuing source of highly qualified scientists, mathematicians, and engineers by awarding scholarships to college students who intend to pursue research careers in these fields. Up to 300 U.S. students will be selected each year for scholarships of up to $7,500/year.
- Full-time sophomore or junior pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education during the application year
- Minimum GPA of at least a “B” (3.0) and in the upper 25th percentile of his or her class
- U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident
- Desire to pursue a research career in mathematics, the natural sciences*, computer science, technology or engineering
Nominations are made by the college or university. Students should contact their campus liaison for information.
Application Info & Link